Sunday, December 17, 2023

A Chocolately Countdown

As I've been doing every evening this month, on Friday before I went to bed I stuffed an activity for the next day in the Countdown to Christmas calendar. On Saturday morning I was surprised to see two things in the pocket. Hubby Tony had added one of his own. (What a guy!)

Tony quickly moved his activity to today's pocket, and this morning he told me to pull it out. The slip indicated that we would be celebrating "Chocolate Covered Anything Day". Even though the official day was the 16th, we decided anything chocolate is worth waiting for. 

Tony did all the planning for our chocolate covering event. After dinner he melted dark chocolate chips while I arranged a plate with items to dip. There were clementine sections, graham crackers, marshmallows, caramel corn, crackers, grapes, almonds, and a handful of dried cranberries. 

I carried everything to the table, including a Silpat sheet in case either of us wanted to set our covered creations down until the chocolate hardened. Neither of us did. Instead we dipped, ate, and repeated the process until everything was gone.

As we were cleaning everything up Tony and I agreed that this had been a great "Day" to celebrate.

Five years ago today: A Great Time Was Had

10 comments:

  1. So fun for the season! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been much of a chocolate mixer. It's either plain chocolate of chocolate in ice cream. One thing I can't stand is reeses pieces. I think they are a waste of chocolate AND peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. I've never met a chocolate I didn't like :-)

      Delete
  3. Chocolate is good for you. I read it somewhere.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think chocolate has both physical AND psychological benefits.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea: delicious, easy, varied, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how close you and Tony are. This is me and Tim. So fun to be married. And I love the idea of this. What a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Cool that you have an Event Calendar suggesting Activities for the Holidays. I can't eat Chocolate, but, making your own Snacks is always Fun regardless of what is used. We used to experiment with making our own Dips and Sauces to dip Fruits or Veggies in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the advent calendar idea even more now!

    ReplyDelete