Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Swing A Round

I must be in my golfing phase. Just last week Hubby Tony and I played some indoor miniature golf. This week I was part of a group that visited Topgolf.

I've seen the massive Topgolf facilities, but had never been in one. It is more of an entertainment complex than an actual golf range. The three-story complex has one side open to an area to hit balls into. Depending on the activity the group chooses, everyone will be hitting their balls towards the large targets scattered throughout the field, or participating in a game that also has a virtual component.

Each group has its own individual bay. There were a variety of clubs available, but the attendant was happy to bring me a left handed set. I have never played a round of golf in my life, but somehow I ended up on top in a game called Block Party (thanks to the lucky bonus points I accumulated).

It was a lot of fun, and I would definitely go back.

Five years ago today: Bearable Bedding

16 comments:

  1. It sounds fun. Maybe you will be enticed into playing 'proper' golf:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not, but stranger things have happened.

      Delete
  2. Maybe you're a secret golf phenom and don't realize it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given my lack of hand eye coordination I seriously doubt it.

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should take up golf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that this made you happy. Aren't the little things great?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just had a Top Golf open here in the past year and have gone twice with the family. Lots of fun. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to one near me recently. A bit pricey but fun. My date (who I found out later had been in a golf league) creamed me in all the games. She enjoyed the game more than me but it was fun. I like that the balls have a sensor in them that allow the system to track where the ball goes. Next time I'll spread the cost over more players than just two of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time check into specials. At some locations, one or two days of the week have reduced fees.

      Delete
  8. I'll have to take you out golfing so you can appreciate the time it takes to find a lost ball in the bushes and trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given my poor eyesight I would hold you back so much you would ditch me in the first grove.

      Delete