Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Puddling

Our area had some impressive rainfall today. The official total in St. Louis was 1.86 inches, but in other parts of the metropolitan area it ranged from 1 inch to more than 6 inches. The local radio and television channels were full of stories about flash floods and road closures. Fortunately Hubby Tony and I didn't have any issues in our neighborhood. 

The sun came out mid-afternoon, and the temperature dropped enough to open up the windows and enjoy the fresh air.

After dinner we decided to take a walk. I put on my most comfortable sandals, and we said goodbye to the cat as we left. Our route took us through several subdivision streets. The first time I came across moisture on the sidewalk I tried to walk around it but accidentally got my toes in the water. It felt really good.

For the rest of the walk I actively sought out puddles, just like I did here.  One impressively deep puddle had silt in the bottom, so for a block I walked with grit in the sandal footbed. However, the next puddle cleared the issue up. By the time I got home my shoes and feet were both wet, but clean. 

 Five years ago: How Are Your Money Smarts?

16 comments:

  1. I hope you can see the bottom of these puddles and know that there is no object (or critter) in there to cause harm. Foot injuries can be difficult to heal and can cause other health problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In each case the puddles were two inches (or less) deep.

      Delete
  2. I can almost picture you stomping in mud puddles and laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you get past the 'ugh' reaction, it's fun - childhood revisited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toronto flooded yesterday big time -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always amazes me how alike the weather of our two cities is.

      Delete
  5. We are wet here, but puddles do not form in our yard, what with the slope leading to the ravine with the rushing creek at the bottom. It is supposed to rain for the next 10 days! I wouldn't mind so much if it was a nice steady rain, but it is full on thunderstorms and pounding rain, then muggy heat when the sun comes back out. Just not pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well at lease someone had fun with all this rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful that's the only experience I had with it.

      Delete