Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Four Tea

I don't know where the time went, but today Son Tony turns 40.

Since he lives halfway across the country it's hard to casually find out his wants and needs. For his last few birthdays Hubby Tony and I have sent some type of edible present--chocolates, baked goods, popcorn, or fruit.

This year we wanted to do something extra. It started with a handmade "four tea" card. After printing out the text, I attached a row of four tea bags to a piece of card stock.

While I did that Tony went to the store and purchased an Amazon gift certificate. We slid it inside the card, then put the card in an envelope and took it to the post office.

We hope Son Tony can have fun picking out something special.

28 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I have to think on this as my youngest son will turn 40 on Sept 25.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also works with some of the other 'zero' milestone birthdays.

      Delete
  2. Lovely original idea. I'm sure it will make him smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got the idea decades ago when a friend was celebrating her milestone birthday.

      Delete
  3. I love getting gift cards, so hope he will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a tea shop in Fresno with this as its name. ForTea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also meant to wish your son a happy birthday as he enters the next decade. The 40s are pretty good, as I remember. Our daughter will be 46 later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card and gift idea! Happy Big Four Oh to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday To your son Tony! Lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to know what to buy for someone for their birthday. Sounds like you put a really nice gift together. I'm sure he will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the days when the much younger family members would give me a birthday list.

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday to him, may he be strong and lucky! Your card is very beautiful and original!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! Happy birthday, Tony!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun birthday greeting, very creative, and sure the Amazon gift card will bring your son, Tony, the perfect gift. Happy 🎂 Birthday to Tony, which is also my brother's name and my late father;s as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Tony has consistently been a popular name for boys

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday to Tony, hope he found something good with his Amazon voucher,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing Tony and yourself many beautiful happy birthdays to come! You can tell Tony that this is the first day of the best year of his life! Aloha from Honolulu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the card! Gift cards are always a great fit. Hope he had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete