Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Bearable Bedding

The last time I purchased new bedding for Son Donald's bed he was still living at home. The set of polyester/cotton sheets had thick vertical bright royal blue, sky blue, lime green, mustard yellow, and white stripes. They served him well, but the last time he cat sat and his bedding went through the laundry I noticed the fitted sheet was getting thin in the middle.

While Hubby Tony and I were in California Donald stayed at our house again to watch the cats. One of the last things he did before he left to go back home was to bring down his sheets to be washed. This time the thin spot turned into a full-blown hole. Time for new bedding!

Since the bed is seldom used anymore I didn't want to spend a lot of money on replacement sheets. I carried the pillowcase around with me for several days as a reminder to pop into the local thrift stores to see if I could buy a plain fitted sheet. I didn't have any luck, but yesterday I ran into a partial set (with sheets but not a pillowcase) that had all of the original colors except yellow. The green is closer to avocado than lime, but from a distance it isn't too noticeable.

And now there's also the option of two different top sheets.
Good enough match, don't you think?
Five years ago today: A Plethora of Pockets Is A Problem

12 comments:

  1. Seems like a good match from here. I can't even see the details you mention in your post. But, don't take my word for it. Even with my (need to be renewed) eyeglasses, seeing details is not my strong-suit anymore. ))):

    Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my camera didn't pick up the colors in a true fashion, so it's NOT your eyes!

      Delete
  2. Good going! That's a great option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those colors and designs – they look wonderful together! Mixing colors and designs is okay nowdays. It used to be that everyone was so OCD about matching all the littlest details. I say, if you like it, then it's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about 'then' versus 'now'.

      Delete
  4. I know that striping sheet color. At some point, I had a set that lasted forever and then became cat trap covers. It produced an instant reaction in my brain of familiarity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *** SCORE!! ***
    Don't you love when that happens?!

    ReplyDelete