Saturday, July 6, 2024

A Simple Solution

I always carry a tube of hand cream in my purse. Last month when I was applying some, the lid fell on the floor and rolled away. I searched diligently but never found it. I put the topless tube in a Ziploc bag. For a while I carried it in the zipper section of my purse, but soon the inside of the bag got messy from lotion squirting out. It was time to retire the tube and start fresh

I've been making an effort to reduce my plastic consumption, so instead of buying another tube I purchased a lotion bar which had a solid consistency. I slid the bar into a small recycled container. The holder did a good job of keeping the bar intact, and fit nicely into the side zipper section.

But I recently changed to a smaller purse and the container was a little too big. I found an empty lip balm tube, filled it with pieces of the bar, and labeled the tube accordingly. Now all I have to do when my hands get dry is screw the lotion up and rub it on my hands.

Five years ago today: Three Weeks In Grandma Heaven

11 comments:

  1. You're so resourceful of making a smaller ecological footprint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent solution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you clever! And environmentally conscious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work. It is so difficult to get away from plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say what everyone else seems to have said already. So I found this... https://ccetompkins.org/resources/101-ways-to-say-good-job
    You get to pick out 10 more for yourself. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good tip! I also have a very small purse and that is a perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete