Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Holy Cow! I'm In Fashion!

Now that the weather is late-summer hot and humid, for the foreseeable future I will be walking inside. This morning I was at the mall before it opened, which meant I got to hang out with the real mall walkers. The early morning small groups or solos move with purpose. Everyone goes in the same direction, which makes it easier for the power walkers to weave around the slower ones. I haven't really tracked it, but it feels like the music may also be a little more upbeat to accomodate the people who are looking to get some exercise.

During my walk I took the time to look at the merchandise in the store windows. It seemed like just about every store that caters to young people had some type of cargo pants, with exterior patch pockets. Something like this:

Since most of my wardrobe comes from thrift stores it's not often I have items on the cutting edge, but the pants definitely reminded me of a pair that I take with me on warm weather vacations:

I've had my pants for years, and they've been washed so many times they're nice and soft. There are two deep front pockets, two back pockets with button flaps, and pockets on each side that close with a D ring. The waist can be cinched in on each side with a strap/D ring combination. The legs roll up and secure with a strap and more D rings, which turns them into capris (which means one less item I have to put into my suitcase).

Five years ago today: Say Hello To My New Wheels

13 comments:

  1. All those young fashionistas in their trendy cargo pants are just poseurs compared to you in your vintage real fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great you are in fashion haha- Christine cmlkz79.blogdpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cargo pants, cargo shorts. I was wearing them before fashion, and I'll be wearing them after.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang onto something long enough and it will come back into fashion.
    Mall walking is a concept new to me - it makes sense, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's the 'hanging on to something', and the 'having it still fit when it comes back around'!

      Delete
  5. How nice walking with you my friend. Thank you for sharing. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is funny how if we wait long enough fashion makes its way back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess there's only so many ways to style a piece of material.

      Delete