Tuesday, November 28, 2023

What Is Your Response?

I'm signed up with a couple of survey companies. One of them is Esearch. Every few weeks I get an email with an invitation to complete one of their projects. Today's message said that the data gathered from the survey would benefit a 'National TV Game Show'.

There were several pages of questions, each requiring a short written answer. The topics were things like "Name Something Children Wear, But Adults Don’t" or "Name A Gift You Would Not Like To Get From A Secret Santa". I was making my way down the list when I came to a question that mentioned Steve Harvey, and all of a sudden the light bulb in my head went on. Steve Harvey is the host of Family Feud, I wondered if I would be one of the '100 people asked for a responses to a question' for the show.

Openclipart

I'll eventually get $1 deposited into my PayPal account for my efforts, but knowing that I may have helped shape one tiny moment of a TV show was even more satisfying than the payment. 

Five years ago today: Cat On Rag

19 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun, glad you enjoyed doing it. I used to do surveys back in the day when life was less complicated and demanding. I'm looking forward to another "season" in life like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you have to watch every Family Feud episode to see if your question comes up, and if your answer is one they use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there's a long lag time between show taping and broadcasting, so I doubt I'd even be able to remember :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool. I'd enjoy that. Like you doing it not the dollar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dollar will buy a senior coffee at McDonald's, but not much else.

      Delete
  5. At least they're paying you for your data rather than stealing it like Google. Unless... are you getting strange ads!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not good at these questions.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are your opinion, so no right or wrong answer.

      Delete
  7. Tom and I regularly watch Family Feud ... wondering aloud WHERE they polled some of those responses. Now, thanks to you, we know! I am so going to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you eventually get to participate in this survey.

      Delete
  8. I love Family Feud! I always wondered who they surveyed for the answers!! Now I know. How fun to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i feel you are very smart to fill up the answer for that dear Kathy
    the feeling of connectivity is key to joy no doubt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've watched Family Feud many times. As others do, I've wondered how they do the game's surveys. I think you solved the puzzle.
    Oh if you are wondering I browsed over here from "Middle Age Rambling".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'm off to check on your corner of the internet.

      Delete