Tuesday, November 21, 2023

G.L.A.D.

I was recently introduced to the G.L.A.D. Technique, a method of highlighting the positive things that happen to me each each day. G.L.A.D. is an acronym for Gratitude, Learning, Accomplishment and Delighted. Each night before I go to bed I come up with at least one example in each category.
Pxhere
  • G stands for Gratitude, which is something I am thankful for today. The thing can be physical (food/water/a roof over my head) or spiritual (good health/positive relationships with other people/ meaningful activities).

  • L stands for Learned. This could be a new fact I learned, or something I learned about myself or another person.

  • A stands for Accomplishment. This can be an item I can cross off my to-do list (big or little), or an act of self-care (getting enough sleep/eating healthy meals/exercising).

  • D is for Delight. Things that made me smile or brought me joy, like something I observed in nature/great food/something funny that made me laugh out loud.

Some experiences could go into one or more of the categories, but each day each slot must be filled with something.

Five years ago today: A Tale Of Two Pies

6 comments:

  1. I love this Kathy, so positive -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this inspiring technique. We all need more gratitude and compassion in life! Thank you, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring and uplifting. Such a good idea to have a daily practice for the soul!

    ReplyDelete