Friday, September 1, 2023

Back Up And Running

Free SVG
You may remember that on Monday our internet went down, and the earliest technician appointment was last night.

The appointment arrival window was from 5-6 pm. I had a meeting to attend, and when I left the house Hubby Tony had received notification that the technician was on their way. I wished him luck on my way out. 

My meeting ended at 9:00, and I hadn't gotten any updates from Tony. I texted him asking about the project status. Seconds later I learned that we were back online. (Alleluia!) The whole appointment had gone so smoothly he'd even had time to do some grocery shopping and reconnect our TV to the network.

When I got home Tony shared the details of the appointment. I learned that our eight-unit condo building has a master box in the basement. It had so many splitters coming off the main wiring that it was hard for the technician to figure out which one was ours. However, he eventually found the correct set, then realized that our wires were corroded. He put in new ones, which fixed the problem.

 Tony and I will be headed to the store today to buy a nice gift certificate for the neighbor who let us use her signal.

Five years ago today: Downtown Fun

9 comments:

  1. I wasn't thinking when you said Spectrum the other day. So your complex is wired, with Spectrum. I doubt if the HOA would let another company come in and rewire everything. Especially not for one unit. When I come over I want to see the splitter set up. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what would happen if a critical mass of owners asked for another option?

      Delete
  2. Wow, an easy fix once he found which wires went to your place. It's nice when you've been without internet and suddenly its back on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had logged out of my neighbor's network before I left on Thursday night; it was very satisfying to see my devices find the correct one and automatically join when I got home.

      Delete
  3. So glad you got it fixed! No joke to be without Internet!! Can you imagine that I live in a high-rise with over 600 units- I can't imagine if the tech had to find ours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the technicians that work in your building get extra pay?

      Delete
  4. We lost our power for 48 hours after a storm so of course, no internet! Makes me wonder how we managed to live without it all those years!

    ReplyDelete