Tuesday, September 12, 2023

A Day To Encourage Others

According to Wikipedia, September 12th is the National Day of Encouragement, a time to provide motivation and positive affirmations toward others.
pxfuel
Over the years I've found that it doesn't take much effort to build people up. Tonight I participated in a Zoom committee meeting and did my best to be an encourager. As we hashed through some questions one of the members was quiet, and even though I wasn't leading the meeting I went out of my way to ask her what she thought.

At the end of the meeting we had gotten a lot done, and right before I logged off I added a "great job" to everyone. 

Five years ago: Better Than An Exterminator

4 comments:

  1. That attitude makes a huge different in meetings. We really need to encourage everyone as there is so much sadness right now, or so it is in my part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so much easier to be positive than negative.

      Delete