Thursday, November 3, 2022

Just Say No

I'm a little late to the party, but I've decided to observe “NO”vember. For me, that means:

  • If someone asks me to do something, I will do my best not to feel uncomfortable if the answer to their request is No.
  • I will do my best to say No to food junk food that tastes good in the moment, but makes me feel horrible after the fact. 
  • I will also say No to places where I lose all my willpower (like the discounted Halloween candy aisle).
  • I will attempt to say No to procrastination, which means more real work and less social media scrolling and computer mah jong.
  • I will endeavor to say No to my negative self-talk, and remember to speak to myself the way I would a good friend.
  • I will also try to say No to comparing myself to other people.

What about you? If you were to participate in NO-vember, what would be on your list?

Five years ago: Abstracted

19 comments:

  1. I like no to the discount candy aisle! -christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I will say NO to being lazy and not wanting to do my walking exercise in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you mentioned works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But what if you procrastinate to saying no to procrastination? Is that a win for procrastination or for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I'll say 'No' to crowded places and to wasting time on people or activities that add nothing positive to my well-being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying away from toxic (both literally and figuratively) is a great way to keep yourself healthy.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a good list! I am spending my NOvember saying no to wasting my time on social media when there are so many much more productive and fulfilling things I can be doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette, tell me what you substitute for social media. That is definitely something I enjoy each day. I'm very particular about how I spend my time online, and do very little beyond social media and the online newspapers. I have a variety of volunteer activities I do in 3D as well as shopping and other errands. I also spend lots of time reading books, but again not online but with a real book.

      Delete
    2. In my opinion "social media" is almost too broad, with some sites that bring people together and others that are nothing but time wasters.

      Delete
  7. What a great idea! My list would be similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to work on stopping that negative self talk too. It's harder than you'd think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very good at "NO". Nein, nem, la, non, iie, nyet, ne, hapana.

    ReplyDelete