Saturday, November 12, 2022

Fickle Forecasts

When I left the house on Thursday, I wore a three-quarter sleeve length light cotton shirt, cropped jeans, and sandals.

It was lovely all day--maybe even a little too warm for the heavy denim in the mid-afternoon. When Hubby Tony and I went to bed I left the window on my side cracked open so I could enjoy the outside sounds. 

However, just before dawn a cold front came through. 

When I left the house yesterday, my lightweight winter jacket was in order. The cropped jeans were replaced by full length ones, and sturdier shoes covered up my tootsies.

The temperature started out at about 40 degrees, but it dropped during the day. When Tony and I went out to run some errands after dinner that lightweight winter jacket wasn't warm enough. I was glad we were only going a short distance from the car into the store.

When I leave the house today, I will put on the heavy winter coat, and wrap a scarf around my neck. Depending on if the sun comes out or stays behind the clouds I may also have to add gloves and an ear warmer.
Five years ago: More Than Just Veteran's Day

18 comments:

  1. Yes it is hard to know what to wear these days, the weather is so changeable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In winter, I'll usually wear layers; put on when chilly, put off when warming. Our winters are usually mild, so no special problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the temperature drops I layer up both when I'm inside and when I'm outside.

      Delete
  3. I've decided not to leave the house if it's below 50 degrees. I'll try and hold out as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left for the post office at 10 a.m. and it just got colder all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are going into Summer shortly in Australia but it is still quiet chilly some days, I still have my gas heater out just in case of a cold night. Peggy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your weather is anything like mine, the shoulder seasons are quite unpredictable

      Delete
  6. Hello. Weather is not stable now. It would not be easy for us to catch up with the weather changes. Please take care and enjoy this beautiful season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I try to enjoy each day's weather as it comes, but the too-cold and too-hot ones are difficult.

      Delete
  7. The weather is so changeable over here. At the front of the house it is raining heavily. At the back of the house it is sunny and hot for sunbathing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can decide what climate to be in just by choosing which door to go out.

      Delete
  8. I finally at least put away my sandals that I wore all summer. For me, that's big progress in accepting the season change. I like your light coat and winter coat. They're both very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to take out the last of the summer clothes and shoes, and replace them with the heavy-duty winter ones. Both coats are several years old, but I tend to keep things until they wear out.

      Delete
  9. It's tough figuring out WHAT to wear. That cold front was a bit of a shock over the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't own clothes for really cold weather. Your light weight coat is about the heaviest I have. I don't think we can even buy really heavy winter coats here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Target the other day and saw some matching pajamas that would be so cute on the granddaughters. Then I realized they would be much too hot for the weather at their house.

      Delete