Monday, November 14, 2022

It's Not All About Me

Yesterday we received a text from California that our family had increased by one member with the birth of a healthy baby boy. Of course, Hubby Tony and I are over the moon.

I asked the parents if we could share their good news. They answered that we could, but since neither one of them use social media they preferred it be shared in person, text, or email. So, respecting their wishes, I sent the birth photo only to their aunts and one friend. I am not adding it here, or posting anything to Facebook. I will not get dozens of Comments, Likes, and Loves. I think my ego can handle it.

15 comments:

  1. Big congrats Kathy so happy for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. What's the grandkid count up to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes six. Three for each of the families.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for baby boys! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another add on to the family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing; a baby boy brings such joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are tricky times! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Is this grandchild #6? You are definitely going to need a place in California!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, six.

      I wish it was a simple matter of relocating, or having a long-term place to stay, but after 'doing' the numbers we've come to the realization that won't work right now. As you know, housing is VERY expensive in California-even in the Central Valley it would be a struggle.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! I like the trumpet announcement of a baby boy:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, new babies should always be announced with a fanfare.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations ~Akasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Much, much congrats on the new member of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so wonderful!! *LIKE* *LOVE*

    ReplyDelete