Monday, December 1, 2014

Four Burners, One Light

Yesterday was the First Sunday of Advent, the beginning of the church year for Roman Catholics, Anglicans, Lutherans, Presbyterians and Methodists.  When we went to Mass yesterday there were purple pillar candles on stands in front of the altar, and before the opening procession the priest blessed the large Advent wreath in the back of the church.

Two of my blogging friends (Dkzody's Weblog and Bee's Blog) posted nice discourses about the season and its meaning, and I expect to read others as the season winds on.  However, I don't think any of them will make me laugh out loud like this one I found on Catholic Memes.


Five years ago today: Mmmmm.....

7 comments:

  1. You use what you've got! Very funny. I am so pleased to be attending a church again that pauses for Advent celebration. It had become almost a second thought at our previous church. Nothing special for a special season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tired to comment on Bee's Blog, but she only allows Google accounts post. This is what I said, but couldn't post: >>I sure enjoyed reading your piece about Advent. So pleased to see others celebrating the season in this way.<<

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious and I'm linking it to my blog! And then to google+ and Twitter! Thank you dkzody for visiting and wanting to leave a comment. Pleased to read it here. Maybe I should open to non Google account holders? What do you think Kathy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my favorite readers have non-Blogger blogs :-)

      Delete
  4. I have just re-read this and it still makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The graphic showed up on my Facebook page again this year, and it made me laugh, too.

      Delete