Monday, December 29, 2014

Fill 'Er Up!

If you drive a car, you know that gas prices are going down. According to the AAA Daily Fuel Gauge Report, right now there are two states (Missouri and Oklahoma) where the average cost of regular gas is under $2.00 a gallon.  Missouri is THE lowest in the country. When I pulled into my local Costco to fill up today, this is what I saw:


I was able to fill up my tank for a little under $18.  When I saw the final cost I almost did a happy dance at the pump!

Five years ago today: The Fourth Day of Christmas

15 comments:

  1. The price starts going up around Perry Co... about .08c more per gallon. I remember right before we took a long road trip in '04 the gas prices had just jumped up to 1.87 and I was livid. A few weeks ago I was SO happy to see that price again. LOL Here in TN it's about 1.99 to 2.04. (All those are for regular).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Tennessee prices still aren't too bad. For the most part I don't pay too much attention to what I pay for gas--when the car gets close to empty I stop. Try to get to Costco, because they're usually a little cheaper than everyone else.

      Delete
  2. And if you're in Hawaii, we're at least $1.00 per gallon higher (depending on which island you live on).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! I have to fill up tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this is all good news here in Toronto as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the savings cross country borders.

      Delete
  5. We're still in the two and a quarter range, and I consider it a pay raise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....more money in the pocket is always good.

      Delete
  6. I know how you mean with the happy dance. I thought something was wrong with the pump when I filled up on $20. But, of course, as luck would have it, I've less driving to do this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my mind, doing less driving (which uses less gas, leading to less money out of my wallet) is ALWAYS a better option.

      Delete