Saturday, February 27, 2021

Notify Me, Please

I've been a blog author for more than a decade. In all that time I've always received an email when someone commented on one of my posts. Last week I realized that wasn't happening anymore. I figured Blogger had changed things around, but when I checked my settings my email address was already there under 'Comment Notification Email".  Very puzzling.

To find out what was going on I turned to my friend Google for assistance. The search results indicated that people have been having the problem for years. I guess I've been lucky. It turns out that all I needed to do was delete myself from comment notifications, then add myself (again?) as an additional person to receive those notification emails.

The navigation process was easy. From the Blogger dashboard I went to:

  • Settings
  • Email (halfway down the page), then
  • Invite more people to comment notification emails

In the pop-up box I added my email address and clicked 'Send'. 

Seconds later I received a message in my Inbox telling me I had been invited to receive email notifications when new comments on the blog were published. It invited me to click a Subscribe link to accept the invitation.

It was exciting to see the first notification mail come through later in the day.


  Five years ago: Physics 101

13 comments:

  1. Well done. I used to have this, but seeing comments pile up back in the day defeated me. Things are slowing down, now, with people not blogging so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, having 'piled up' comments. I've never been so lucky :-)

      Delete
  2. I've experienced the same issues 'here and there' ... thanks for doing the homework on my behalf. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you. I always thought it was the other persons account that was the problem. It seemed to start when google+ came along. I miss about 50% of the notifications so I'm always going back and double checking older posts. I never thought it would be my problem because nothing is ever my fault!

    Great research and find!

    Now the test begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of people's comments that NEVER generate an email, but I've learned to live with it. If we were in charge everything would be working at 100 percent efficiency, right?

      Delete
  4. Maybe that's where the comments I make go when I press publish here and they disappear? Maybe not. I'm on the old Mac this morning so will see if this comment actually makes it. I type so many comments but they just disappear into the ether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm mot signed on for email notices. My poor inbox is full as it is. But I have had to solve other blogger problems, and google is the way to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google always has the answers, if you ask it the right questions.

      Delete
  6. You are very clever in figuring out tech issues. Google does usually have the answers.

    ReplyDelete