Monday, April 27, 2020

Lavandula

Exactly one year ago today Son Tony and DIL Ie got married. Later in the day their reception was at a beautiful lavender farm. The party was held in a large grassy area, but the bride and groom also got some great photos among the lavender plants in the field.


In my down time in between photos and reception I browsed through the facility's gift shop and purchased a bag of green tea flavored with lavender and jasmine. Back at home I brewed (and enjoyed) some of it, but my main tea-drinking time is after dinner, and I tend to choose decaffeinated.

I stored the lavender leaves in a Tupperware container so it would stay fresh.  When we moved that Tupperware container accidentally got shoved to the back of the pantry. I found it the other day and decided to make an effort to use it. Today, in honor of the not-so-newlyweds I made some lavender-jasmine iced tea.

14 comments:

  1. Lavender and jasmine? Delicious! Beautiful setting for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made it today to celebrate. Very cool.

    Tim got me Newman's Own Organic Cinnamon Tea and oh my gosh, I call it my dessert tea and I have it after supper. No caffeine either. I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely way to celebrate the anniversary how quickly a year goes by

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to Son Tony and DIL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so delicate and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy find to bring back lovely, fragrant memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Izdiher, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'm off to check out your blog now :-)

      Delete
  8. Does that tea make you drowsy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think the caffeine in the green tea counteracts anything the herbs would provide.

      Delete