Thursday, August 22, 2024

I Don't Have What They're Looking For

Two weeks ago Hubby Tony and I traveled to Chicago so I could complete a diagnostic imaging test as part of the Parkinson's Progressive Markers Initiative. After the test was completed, I learned that the initiative would follow up with me in two weeks.

Yesterday, exactly 14 days later, I received a call from one of the research associates. She thanked me for my time and effort, and said that at this time I am not eligible to continue (but that may change as investigators review more data).

This is a double blind study, where individual test results are hidden from both the participant and the researchers. However, the associate did tell me that if the test had discovered something horrible they would have reached out to my doctor.

Even though I won't be traveling to have imaging tests done I am able to participate the study's online portion. I'm not sure exactly how that will work but I've enrolled. I guess I'll find out soon.

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations! One less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they didn't find anything horrible, at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now maybe I can stop worrying about weird body twinges.

      Delete
  3. It's great you are doing this -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's a relief, really, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to know your health is okay. Being involved in test studies is so helpful. My father did one for RA. It allowed him to try new meds that at at the time were experimental. Methotrexate. It helped him so much & now that drug is prescribed for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to hear a little bit about your father's experience.

      Delete
  6. Gosh, what a modern world! You're gonna be an online guinea pig! Thanks for helping the research. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really, I think that's the least they can do is reach out to you and let you know something is wonky. Nice that you signed up for this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you got the trip to Chicago out of it, and its good your doctor wasn't warned you have something terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the reimbursed trip being a positive :-)

      Delete
  9. The good news is that they saw no need to reach out to your doctor. I hope there ends up being a benefit from participating online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled to hear that there was no visible issues.

      Delete
  10. Well, you've not refused to participate, so you've got a clean conscience about helping science and your fellowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting. Hope it means good news for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good News is they didn't find something horrible, right? And by participating perhaps it helps advance the studies to help others eventually.

    ReplyDelete