Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Making An Informed Decision

Next Tuesday I get to go to the polls. There are elections for the city council, mayor, school board, and a couple of sewer district issues.

Earlier this week I received a sample ballot in the mail. Tonight I decided to figure out which of the candidates would receive my vote. I started by reading their biographies in the voters guide published by the local newspaper. I checked out their websites to get their positions on issues, and searched through a couple of non-partisan sources.

Next I read a couple of sources of information on the issues. The sewer district wants to issue bonds to pay for mandated improvements to the wastewater system and proposes a property tax increase to establish a stormwater improvement program.

As I made my choices I filled out the sample ballot so the voting process will be easy and quick.

Five years ago today: Detergent Diversification

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you-found a good way to make voting easy and quick. Groovy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure that anything I can do to keep the voting line moving is helpful to the people behind me.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Thumbs-up and 5-stars to you on being a good citizen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very responsible voter who takes your duty seriously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't used to be this way. It's only recently that I have enough time .

      Delete
  4. The sewer issues were a no brainer to me. Out infrastructure is in bad need of repair let alone the joint waste water storm sewers that need to be separated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame they couldn't have done things gradually instead of waiting until the last minute.

      Delete
    2. True. ('Our' infrastructure)

      Delete
  5. Way to go, Kathy!! Hope the election turns out well for you and your area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I've only lived in this municipality/school district for four years and I'm still trying to figure out the lay of the land.

      Delete