Saturday, March 23, 2024

A Delicious Duo

I received an email this morning from a fast casual chain Mexican restaurant that today was National Chip and Dip Day. Time to celebrate!
Tonight Hubby Tony and I had Guys and Dolls poker on the schedule. The men play cards, the women go out to dinner and gather at someone's house before meeting up with the men again at the end of the night. However, two of the women in the group are medically compromised so after explaining my residual cough issues we decided that I would pass this month and see them next time. All of a sudden my late afternoon and evening were free.

I can't remember the last time I had so many hours to myself with nothing to do. I ran some errands, added a little retail therapy, then decided to head to a branch of the restaurant that sent me the email.

I ordered a salad with chicken, a combination of black and pinto beans, fajita vegetables, cheese, and green salsa. At the cash register I added an order of chips and salsa. The restaurant was chilly, so after I paid for the food I decided to take it outside and eat in my car. The late afternoon sun was coming in the driver's side window and made the inside toasty.

Five years ago: A Parking Miracle

13 comments:

  1. The food sounds great! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really enjoyed your unexpected "me time"

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved how you were able to spend some personal time accidently :)
    sorry for your cough issue ,hope and pray it goes away soon asap!
    your food sounds very nice and healthy :)
    sending best wishes to you and family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun sometimes to indulge and get what you want and eat it where you want and all alone too. That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you're sitting in your car in the parking lot eating by yourself. What would your shrink have to say about that? 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think that if I HAD a shrink they would be all for it.

      Delete
  6. National Chip and Dip Day? Never herd about it before, but a good idea to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haddock, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'll be off now to check out your little corner of the Internet.

      Delete
  7. It's nice to have a night where we don't have to BE anywhere. Those are the best. Your eats sound good too.

    ReplyDelete