Sunday, March 31, 2024

A Double Observance Day

Easter isn't the only event on my calendar today. It's also the third anniversary of Hubby Tony's retirement.

In honor of the second event yesterday I went to the bakery and bought a loaf of bread. (There were a lot of good choices, but I decided on Peach Cinnamon Swirl. I brought it home and added a label that said Now that you're retired you have plenty of time to 'Loaf around'.

Before breakfast this morning I gave Tony his loaf and suggested it would be a great accompaniment to a breakfast of Easter eggs and fruit. As it turns out, it was. Tony cut thick slices of the bread and toasted it. I had never had this type before and wasn't sure what to expect, but the large pieces of peaches mixed in with the cinnamon/sugar filling were a perfect combination.

Five years ago today: Perspective

7 comments:

  1. The bread sounds more like a dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more like a cinnamon roll with peaches included.

      Delete
  2. The bread sounds wonderful and such a thoughtful remembrance of Toni's retirement. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious 😋... Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete