Saturday, March 30, 2024

Easter Treats For All

Years ago when there were three youngsters in the house the week before Easter was a flurry of candy and trinket buying for their baskets. Now that there's just Hubby Tony and me we've scaled back, but in my opinion you can't celebrate Easter without at least some candy.

Last weekend we bought two dark chocolate rabbits from a local chocolatier. They were nicely packaged in cellophane bags, so we decided that instead of waiting till the last minute to set them out we would let our purchases also serve as decoration. I placed the bunnies on a crystal plate with some plastic grass and a few plastic eggs.

A couple of days later we went to Walgreens to get more candy. We left with some miniature chocolate bars, a few Cadbury eggs, a bag of jelly beans, and some Peeps. However, Son Donald is coming for dinner . He's more of a savory than a sweet guy, so Tony wanted to make sure there was something he would enjoy. For some reason it's really hard to find small savory snacks, but at the grocery store we bought some individual beef snack sticks.

With everything we brought home the plate was now too small, so Tony arranged everything nicely on a large lime green plastic tray. The tray has been there for two days and so far I've impressed myself by walking by all the temptation. Until tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. "I've impressed myself by walking by all the temptation."
    Who are you and what have you done with Kathy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow . . . let the feasting begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta taste test it in case the batch of chocolate was bad. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's jelly beans for me! But after reading about your chocolate bunny I will have to go hunting for one on clearance!! Maybe some chocolate eggs too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I don't buy Easter candy for us, but I do buy it for the grandkids if they are coming, which they are not this year.

    I did buy (ordered from Target so I knew I was getting what I wanted) wrapped Hersheys chocolate eggs and plastic hinged eggs that are used in egg hunts for all the first graders at Columbia. I ready a story about a boy who has an egg dropped on his head (It Wasn't My Fault) and the treat for the students is a plastic egg with one foil wrapped chocolate egg inside. It is the ONLY time I give anything edible to the children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure all those first graders enjoyed their treat.

      Delete
  7. I had to take the Man to Target after Easter to give in and get seasonal candy on sale. He was petulant not to get a goody basket ๐Ÿงบ... he's such a Child... ๐Ÿ˜‚... Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness knows we already have enough candy, but when I was at the store today I was looking to see if they had anything good left :-)

      Delete