Monday, January 8, 2024

Closet Conversion Completed

I started the office closet renovation a week ago, and finished it over the weekend. After removing the existing fixtures I painted the area, then installed a horizontal track across the top and vertical supports to hold adjustable brackets and shelves. Once all the pieces were in place I started arranging my boxes, tubs, bags, and miscellaneous items. Although I think things could be better organized for the most part I'm happy with the result.

Because of the sliding doors it's hard to get a good photo, but here's the right side. There are four shelves, including one at the top that you can't see from this angle that holds small things that I don't use on a regular basis. As you can see, I'm not one to worry about everything matching (although that might come down the line).

Here's the left side. It looks skewed because a day bed is set against the wall perpendicular to the opening and it was tough to get a head on shot.Although we don't hang clothes in the closet I kept a section free for when we have house guests. Right now the only things on the rod are tote bags and empty hangers. Once again, please ignore the motley collection of containers.

When I was finished I carried the tool box, ladder, and equipment back down to the storage area to get them out of the way. Later in the day Hubby Tony said the closet looked so good he was hopeful I would renovate the other one in the room sooner rather than later, so I guess I'll be repeating the whole process again.

13 comments:

  1. "When I was finished I carried the tool box, ladder, and equipment back down to the storage area"
    And now you need to do another closet. That's why I never put anything away. I may need for another project sooner than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, but I was tired of tripping over things in the small room.

      Delete
  2. Great job Kathy! You are so handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well organized. Good job with the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such neatness and organization must be so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day after I finished I had to put something away. It was nice to be able to go straight to the box without moving four other ones out of the way first!

      Delete
  5. It's easier to move house than re-organise a closet in our home.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having moved just a couple of years ago, I would much rather reoganize.

      Delete
  6. Very neat and organized looking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job! I love organizing things. I am a big Pinterest fan and can waste an entire day browsing. I do get some good ideas, though. I just made a shoe holder to slide right under the end of our bed. It holds all my shoes and I used all the cardboard boxes from things shipped to us. Lots of glue and double cardborad walls make it as sturdy as wood or plastic and I was able to get just the right size for the space available. I covered it with peel and stick wallpaper left over from another project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I'm so happy for you. I know the feeling when I get a storage area organized. You just got me motivated to look at my closets again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! It's great to get organized and always feels so good when you finally do it.

    ReplyDelete