Friday, August 18, 2023

Parenting In A Nutshell

From a friend...

  • NEWBORNS-How can such a tiny person eat so often? I really need a shower. Will I ever sleep or fit into pants again?
  • TODDLERS-I turn my back for two seconds and he’s totally naked and on top of the refrigerator.
  • LITTLE GIRLS-I think she started a sentence five years ago and hasn’t stopped talking since. I’m going to lose my mind.
  • LITTLE BOYS-Can you please get the pee in the toilet? And for the millionth time put the seat down. Your sister just fell in.
  • TWEENS-You are too young to wear that. You are not old enough to watch that. I don’t care if everyone else has a phone.
  • TEENS-Get off your phone. Is your homework finished? Don’t roll your eyes at me. Why are there so many towels on your floor? It smells in here. Get up…it’s noon!
  • YOUNG ADULTS-Are you eating enough? When are you coming come? I love you. I miss you. This house is too quiet. 

Five years ago today: Yard Work Fun

10 comments:

  1. Those first 6 go by in a minute. That other one lasts a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when Young Adulthood morphs into Older Adulthood and continues moving on the questions and message are the same.

      Delete
  2. I've put all that out of my mind. Out of my mind? Well, that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been interesting to watch grandchildren go through the stages and not have to be in charge of it.

      Delete
  3. So true. We spend many years wanting time for ourselves with little ones tugging at our limbs for attention. And then the tables turn....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mona, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your thoughts really hit the nail on the head.

      Delete
  4. And life goes on ...

    God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And in multi generational families... When are you moving out? 😂... Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete