Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Have You Played With Your Cat Today?

According to National Today there are here are 25 cat holidays throughout the calendar year, and today was one of them. International Cat Day takes place every year on August 8th. The day's official website suggested that cat owners should play with their cats for five minutes every day, which would improve their physical health and mental well being.

I was ready to play but Jackson the Cat wasn't going for it.  In his defense, in human years he's 100 years old, and spends most of his day laying around. However, when I pulled out a mylar tassel and wiggled it close to him Jackson gave it a half-hearted swipe before losing interest. 

I let him be.

 Five years ago today: Thanks, But I'll Pass

13 comments:

  1. I do not have a cat but I do have a grand cat! I played with her yesterday ! she is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson sounds like me these days - just kidding -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARRRGGHHHHH! The set up lines you put out here. Get away from the keyboard Mike, get away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking your mind has too much free time.

      Delete
    2. When you're retired, all time is free time. 😁

      Delete
  4. The best thing I could do for my cats beside feeding them twice a day is to brush them. They love being brushed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish Jackson enjoyed being brushed, because he isn't flexible enough any more to groom the back part of his torso. However, he's never been crazy about the brushing concept.

      Delete
  5. I think when you reach 100, you'e earned the right to decide when and if it's play time.

    ReplyDelete