Thursday, August 9, 2018

Thanks, But I'll Pass

One of the companies I'm registered to do work with sent me an email letting me know that they've expanded their payment methods. The default is still PayPal, but if I chose, I could get paid in one of several cryptocurrencies...Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Ethereum, or Litecoin.



I wonder just how many people will take them up on their offer?

(I have no interest in alternate tenders, but before I hit the 'Delete' button I did some investigation, and discovered that according to Wikipedia, as of 10 April 2018 there are more than 1565 different cryptocurrencies! Bitcoin was the first, released in 2009, but now there are about three dozen large ones. That's a lot of alternative.)

Five years ago today: Classic Country

5 comments:

  1. I get paid in chocolate coins.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I bet you make sure your pockets are emptied at the end of the night when you put your clothes in the laundry :-)

      Delete
  2. My sons buy things with Bitcoin but I don't trust it. I'd stay with good old fashioned paypal too if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those of my children that have disposable income have invested in Bitcoin, too. I won't. Guess it's just another area that I'm old fashioned.

      Delete