Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Daylight At Night

On Sunday the clocks changed over to Daylight Savings Time, but since that time it's been rainy and gloomy. The sun never came out, and both nights it was still dark when Hubby Tony and I sat down for dinner. Tonight, though, our west-facing windows were full of sun, and we barely needed to turn on a light when it was time to eat.

Even though the temperature was below average at just 40 degrees, after dinner I decided I needed to take advantage of the new evening light. At 6:15 when Tony and I left the house to walk around the neighborhood there was enough sun to make nice shadows. 

We weren't the only ones taking advantage of the light. There was a portable basketball hoop on the tennis courts, and several people using it. A child was riding his training wheel bike while being supervised by his mom. Later in the walk we saw a dad and two boys playing catch in their front yard. 

I had on my heavy winter coat, a scarf around my neck, and gloves, but forgot to put on a hat. Halfway through the walk my ears were getting cold. The novelty of the evening sunlight had worn off, and we returned home. There will be many more nights of sunshine to take advantage of.

Five years ago today: Finding First Class Footwear

12 comments:

  1. Yes the weather is changing in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love springtime and more daylight at the end of the day. But down here in the southeast, the really hot weather will be here way too soon and will last way too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Louis gets its fair share of hot, humid weather but for the most part it starts about Memorial Day and ends about Labor Day.

      Delete
  3. I'm waiting on the warmer temperatures so I can fully enjoy that extra daylight! Right now, I'm still trying to adjust to the time shift. Spring is just around the bend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first official day is next Monday. I'm excited!

      Delete
  4. I don't know why it is, but since the time change it feels like it gets later quicker. I know, I'm weird. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's only a problem if you turn in early.

      Delete