Monday, August 15, 2022

Traveling With Toothpaste

Having family scattered across the country has really increased the amount of travel Hubby Tony and I do. My suitcase includes a toiletry bag with a hanging hook that also clips into the packed suitcase. When I reach my destination that toiletry bag is easy to carry into a bathroom and hang up. It will hold everything I need, as long as I stick to small-sized containers.

I've been home from the last trip for almost a week, but today I finally got around to putting my personal care things away and inventorying what I will need before the next trip. I got tired of buying overpriced travel sized tubes of toothpaste, so last year I invested in a refillable one.

This tube is made out of BPA-free, food-safe plastic. I've been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to fill:

  • Attach the adapter to a full sized tube of toothpaste 
  • Compress the travel tube to remove the air
  • Attach it to the other side of the adapter, then
  • Squeeze the toothpaste from one tube to the other
  • When the small tube is filled disconnect both tubes and replace the caps

It didn't take me long to recoup the cost of the travel tube, and it makes me feel good to know I'm not throwing so many disposable travel sized tubes into the waste stream.

Five years ago today: Age Has Its Privileges

17 comments:

  1. It amazing the products that pop up to meet the needs at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid question: can the refillable tube be cleaned? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the package literature everything can go into the dishwasher.

      Delete
  3. Well, I learned about something new today. Great product idea, some of those mini bottles cost as much as the full sized ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It annoys me how manufacturers and marketers conspire to gouge the consumer.

      Delete
  4. I've lamented the lack of such a product. I should have done some internet sleuthing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that refillable toothpaste tubes were available until I was browsing through the travel section of a store.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know such a thing existed! I have squeezed toothpaste in a small jar before and then just dipped my toothbrush in but this is a much better idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I was able to help you learn something :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh that's a good idea! My toilet bag is always impossible to close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always trying to reduce the size of the things I carry with me.

      Delete
  7. I do this without the gizmo all the time. You just have to have a steady hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! When I tried I got toothpaste all over.

      Delete