Having family scattered across the country has really increased the amount of travel Hubby Tony and I do. My suitcase includes a toiletry bag with a hanging hook that also clips into the packed suitcase. When I reach my destination that toiletry bag is easy to carry into a bathroom and hang up. It will hold everything I need, as long as I stick to small-sized containers.
I've been home from the last trip for almost a week, but today I finally got around to putting my personal care things away and inventorying what I will need before the next trip. I got tired of buying overpriced travel sized tubes of toothpaste, so last year I invested in a refillable one.
This tube is made out of BPA-free, food-safe plastic. I've been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to fill:
- Attach the adapter to a full sized tube of toothpaste
- Compress the travel tube to remove the air
- Attach it to the other side of the adapter, then
- Squeeze the toothpaste from one tube to the other
- When the small tube is filled disconnect both tubes and replace the caps
It didn't take me long to recoup the cost of the travel tube, and it makes me feel good to know I'm not throwing so many disposable travel sized tubes into the waste stream.
Five years ago today: Age Has Its Privileges