Thursday, August 4, 2022

Cat Calamity

This morning Hubby Tony and I were walking along a busy two-lane suburban street when we passed an Amazon box on the curb next to the sidewalk. The tabs on the box had been removed, and when I looked into the box I saw a cat that had been placed to look like it was sleeping but was obviously dead. Kitty didn't have on a collar, but looked well fed and I'm guessing was someone's pet. I spent the rest of the walk feeling sad.
I hope that if someone accidentally hit the cat as it was crossing the road they reported it, then had the presence of mind to move it off the road so the owner could find it.

Five years ago: Texas, Thanks To Tony

6 comments:

  1. What a cataclysmic catastrophe.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad about the kitty :( My friend and I once saw a cat get hit and killed by a car and we moved it to the grassy part on the side of the road. It looked well fed so I hope whoever it belonged to found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awful that you actually witnessed the event!

      Delete