Saturday, June 25, 2022

Whoa, Nellie

 I've never really followed rap music, but there are some artists that are so popular they transcend genres. Especially when they're from your home town.

Twenty years ago today Cornell Iral Haynes Jr. (better known as Nelly, who grew up in a suburb of St. Louis) released Nellyville, his second album. The first single, Hot in Herre, actually came out before the album was released. I prefer the second single, Dilemma. Even this non-rap, non-Top 40 listening music fan knows the hook to this.

Five years ago today: The Great Pacific Northwest Adventure of 2017

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Unlike so many rap songs, this one has a nice melody.

      Delete
  2. I can't stand rap. But I actually listened to this ... whatever it is. I haven't changed my mind. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how many viewing this realized Kelly's mom was played by Patti LaBelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not many--I had actually forgotten myself.

      Delete
  4. I don't really like rap, either! This was nice, though.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this song. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete