Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Heat Wave Walking

Along with the rest of the Midwest, our area has been having record setting heat. The 100-plus degree days are more liable to appear in July or August than in June, so I wasn't ready for it. Thanks to the sweltering temperatures Hubby Tony and I have moved our walks inside. (If you're not picky, any mall or store can get you steps.)

Along the way I've found some offbeat things:

  • I didn't know that a toilet paper holder with a phone shelf was a thing, but Google told me that it was. This brushed gold one had a green paste 'gem' on top.

  • The grocery store closest to my house had this display of chilled orange juices and champagne. I wonder how many people take advantage of the pairing?

  • There's a Bass Pro Shop just over the river in St. Charles. It's smaller than some other locations, and has fewer mounted animals, but this guy always greets me when I walk in.
  • Later in my walk through Bass Pro I saw these camo leggings, for the huntress who wants to be in fashion while they're outdoors.
  • Who do you think is the target market for a blue velvet dresser? (photo edited to cover up mirror reflection)
Five years ago: Flag Day 2017

15 comments:

  1. Great idea to take your walk indoors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As fast as time goes by, it feels like I just stopped walking inside because of extreme cold weather!

      Delete
  2. (photo edited to cover up mirror reflection)
    Unless... You're a VAMPIRE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the shop allow you to put a sticky cover on their mirror? It would have been easier to edit the photo with Photoshop or something similar. Or put the leggings on the mirror. Or the bear even! I'm confused.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, the photo was edited with my phone's tools. Things are getting quite sophisticated.

      Delete
  4. Good idea. Hubby is walking in the early morning.
    (ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats one gaudy dresser. I would like to see urban camo gear, made out in combos of concrete gray, bits of car grill images,, mingled into store front scenes, lightposts.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue velvet dresser? Very interesting. Looks like something you might see at Graceland! Or would that be blue suede? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeanette beat me to it. I was going to suggest maybe a Graceland piece of velvet furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well those finds certainly run the gamut. And I don't make my Mimosas with those ingredients, but they might put me in the mood for my favorite version, Prosecco and grapefruit juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of a mimosa with grapefruit juice, but it sounds lovely.

      Delete