Sunday, December 12, 2021

Repositioning The Ringers

A couple of decades ago Hubby Tony's great aunt passed on a collection of vintage brass Christmas bells. The 18 bells are a variety of shapes and colors, between 1 1/2 and 2 inches tall, and are engraved with holiday phrases. At our previous house we placed them at eye level on a bookshelf where they were easy to see. At our new place there are no bookshelves in the living area, and the best we could do was arrange them on a small table. Not very impressive.

I started looking around in stores for some type of display stand or tiered tray, but everything I saw was too big, too expensive, or too fancy. However, at a Goodwill store I found a pair of S-shaped candle stands. Each had five platforms that would be big enough to hold a bell, and room for the extra bells to nestle between the curves. The stands had yellow price tags that said $3 (within my mental budget limit), but when I read the sign that all yellow tagged merchandise was 75% off I couldn't carry them to the register fast enough!

Back at the house I asked Tony to do the rearranging. I think the collection looks more appealing now, don't you? Five years ago today: Like!

 

14 comments:

  1. The candle stands were a lucky find. Absolutely looking more appealing now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With all that luck I probably should have bought a lottery ticket :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sometimes it helps to think outside of the box.

      Delete
  3. Great find! My SIL prowls Goodwill and any other resale shops looking for the great finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually start by shopping at thrift stores, then move up the price chain as needed.

      Delete
  4. Nice collection; nice display stand. (I didn't know they made candle stands.) Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've seen several types of candle stands, mostly for smaller candles like votives or tea lights.

      Delete
  5. That certainly was what the bells needed. Happy holidays, let the bells ring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look wonderful. Very pretty.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete