Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Boosted

Hubby Tony and I are now triply-protected against Covid. On Monday we got "boosted", as Anthony Fauci put it.

In our area, the booster shot procedure was opened up to people our age just a few days before we were scheduled to leave for California, and we didn't want to take the chance of having side effects while we were away. We got home, took care of the grocery shopping and accumulated paperwork, then started looking for appointments nearby. There were appointments to be had, but not until late this week. On the state Covid website I searched for vaccination events, and found an independent pharmacy in a South St. Louis neighborhood with a standing walk-in clinic. Tony and I booked back-to-back appointments. 

On Monday I started the day with a trip to the gym (for Body Pump, my first weightlifting in more than a month), then ran an errand before swinging by the house to pick up Tony. The pharmacy's location ended up being very convenient; we were able to take care of one other project while we were in that section of the city.  When we walked in there were no other vaccination customers. I had my shot within five minutes of entering, and Tony was five minutes after me. We sat in the lobby area until our 15-minute window was over and left. On the way home we stopped for a cup of coffee.

I had sailed through the first two inoculations with nothing other than a sore arm, and thought this time would be the same. However, on Monday night I had chills and felt really tired. I stuck it out until my regular bed time, but despite my tiredness slept fitfully. Yesterday I hurt all over, but couldn't decide if it was sore muscles from the gym or Covid-related. I downed ibuprofen like clockwork every four hours. I took a late afternoon nap and went to bed early. This time I slept like a rock and woke up refreshed.

Today the only soreness I have is from my gym class; my vaccinated arm only hurts if I happen to press against the area. Thank goodness!

17 comments:

  1. Oh no on that booster we get ours soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husband and I had very little reaction to the first shot, husband had very little reaction to second shot, while I was really not feeling well for three days after, different symptom each day, but bad enough for me to accomplish very little. On our booster, my husband had an unusually sore arm and nothing else. After my booster my arm was very, very sore, with a big, extra long hot goose egg on the upper part of my arm, super sore. That night I had terrible shaking chills and exhaustion. The next day I still had the shaking chills most of the day and then added in a 100.8 degree temperature, which I believe I still had a touch of all during the night even with Tylenol. I finally had a stretch of sound quiet sleep and woke up with the fever and chills gone, but 10 days later and my arm is no longer aching and swollen, but itches like heck every once in a while through the day. I wonder why the reactions were so different. My husband and I had the Moderna vaccinations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I wonder why the reactions were so different, too.

      Delete
    2. It is all how individual bodies handle it in each different circumstance. Sounds like your body is primed to fight!

      Delete
  3. Like you, I couldn't decide if it was a tummy pain or a muscle ache the other day after exercising. Glad you've had the booster. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get mine today! My much older Hubby had his a couple of weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sailed right through my booster, no problems. It was the second shingles shot that did me in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your full recovery.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the booster and thebooster got me good! But it only lasted a day and half: fever, chills, weak, tired. The virus I am sure would be much worse. Glad you are protected and hope you are enjoying your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm sure that the virus symptoms would be MUCH worse.

      Delete
  8. I got boosted too, at my doctors office, since there were no more mass clinics and pharmacies were booked for two months. I had no reaction at all to my first two vaccines and just a slightly sore arm for the booster. I got it a couple weeks before the long day trip for Thanksgiving, thinking it'd be good to have it before I went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my area I've not heard of anyone getting the vaccine at a doctor's office. Good to know that option was available for you.

      Delete
  9. Just massive exhaustion for me (and a bit of sore injection site). No pain, so I was happy!

    ReplyDelete