Monday, December 27, 2021

Don't Spend It All In One Place

This morning I went to a class at the gym, then left that building and walked next store to Kohl's. Earlier in the month Hubby Tony made a purchase and received $10 in Kohl's Cash that had to be used this week. He said there was nothing that he needed and turned the certificate over to me.

I can usually find something in the store, but today there was nothing that struck my fancy. (The shelves were pretty bare, I suspect because of a combination of supply chain issues and general after-Christmas depletion). I wandered from department to department and left each disappointed. 

Eventually I decided on a three-pack of socks and a lip balm.  I took my items up to the cash register. The clerk scanned them, scanned the bar code on my certificate, and said I didn't owe her any money. As a matter of fact, I had 22 cents left to spend on my next purchase! I wasn't about to go back through the store just to maximize my savings.

On my way to the parking lot I spied a couple coming into the building. I asked them if they were shopping today and if they would like to save an additional pittance on their purchase. The lady answered that she would, so I handed the certificate over. I figure that since I wouldn't use it somebody should.

15 comments:

  1. Great move giving that card away. Out of site out of mind. Plus a feel good for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that yesterday, placed an online order and ended up owing nothing. The only thing that's better, is sharing the savings. How kind of you to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price of a gumball I could feel virtuous.

      Delete
  3. They really get you back with those Kohl's cash things, probably hoping you'll spend more than the amount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the majority of people end up leaving more money in the store when they redeem the 'free' money.

      Delete
  4. That's a great idea!! Will do the same today if we don't spend our Kohl's cash!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girl-friend mistook a glue stick for lip balm and did not speak to me all day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL You got the same as I always pick up - socks. Himself loves their spendy golfers ankle socks, so that is when he gets new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How kind to pass on your left over certificate.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete