Thursday, May 7, 2020

Why Not?

Last night, with nothing do and nowhere to go, I was wasting time on Facebook. After scrolling past pet videos, COVID memes, and photos of people's grandchildren, I saw that one of my friends had posted:
Okay, so I need to get something off my chest, even though I doubt anyone pays attention to my statuses. Sometimes when I’m bored, I put on my tutu and a big horn on my head, lather myself in sparkles and glitter, and prance around the kitchen like the unicorn that I am!

This woman has a great personality. I could see her doing exactly that, and quickly liked the post. Two minutes later she sent me a personal message, which said:
I'm really sorry. I lost at the unicorn game and now so have you. Anyone who likes or comments on my post has to continue the game for Autism Awareness. Be a good sport and continue the game, sharing the same post that I did on your timeline. And then share this message with anyone who likes or comments.
In the real world I would consider something like this on a par with chain letters, and the message would have gone ignored. However, I was bored and decided to follow her directions. Over the past 24 hours 25 people have responded to my post. Five of them followed the directions and continued the game. Guess they were as bored as I was.

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. Facebook is a dangerous chasm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had much luck with this recipe chain letter I continued for my friend. Autism is a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that same letter (although mine was via email).

      Delete