Monday, May 18, 2020

Ouch!

Yesterday afternoon Hubby Tony asked me to give him a haircut. I agreed. He sat on a bar stool in the kitchen while I buzzed his head with the clippers. When he left the chair there was a clump of hair on the seat. I dumped the stool over so the clump would fall on the floor with the rest of the hair that he was going to clean up. The chair slipped out of my hand and fell on my little toe.

I let out a couple of choice words, then took a look at my foot to assess the damage. The toe was bright red, and within minutes it started to bruise and swell. Tony asked if I thought it was broken. It hurt like the dickens, but since I could manipulate the toe and put weight on it I guessed it wasn't.

For the rest of the day I sat around with my foot up, and iced it off and on. When I went to bed I put it on a pillow at the foot of the bed. This morning some of the swelling had gone down, but an angry purple bruise now covered a quarter of my foot.

I could walk barefoot around the house with no issues. Putting shoes on, though, was another matter. The only ones that avoid the toe area are my flip flops, but the strap cuts right across the top of my foot. I guess until the bruise subsides a bit I won't be going anywhere.

Impressive?

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! I bet it’s broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're wrong! I think a broken bone would hurt a LOT more.

      Delete
  2. I hope your foot/toe is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... Ouch! I winced as I read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Kathy. That looks PAINFUL! Ouch, ouch, ouch. Sending you healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - that looks painful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed this post, your poor toe!

    ReplyDelete