Saturday, October 10, 2020

A Ram Sang (AKA Anagrams)

An anagram is a word or phrase formed by rearranging the letters of a different word or phrase. There are millions of them, but here are some of my favorites:
  • Debit card = Bad credit
  • Snooze alarms = Alas, no more z's
  • Halley's Comet = Shall yet come
  • Slot machines = Cash lost in me
  • Punishment = Nine Thumps
  • The Morse code - Here come dots
  • Dormitory = Dirty room
  • Vacation time = I am not active
  • The eyes = They see
  • Astronomer = Moon starer
  • The Hurricanes = These churn air
  • A decimal point = I’m a dot in place
  • Schoolmaster = The classroom
  • Presbyterian = Best in prayer
  • Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one
  • Conversation = Voices rant on
  • A gentleman = Elegant man
  • Funeral = Real fun
  • Hot water = Worth tea
The Argyle Sweater
Five years ago today: Older Than I Look?

10 comments:

  1. We do the newspaper JUMBLE every morning. Sometimes I can unscramble the words easily, sometimes I have to give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only physical newspapers we get now are on the weekend, and so it's the (harder) Sunday JUMBLE. I usually can't make a dent in it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Figured these would be your cup of tea.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I like anagrams. Anagram is an anagram of granmaa!!! My granmaa was bad at spelling two ... too ...

      God bless, Kathy.

      P.S. I accept the challenge you set on my Blog.

      Delete
  3. Oh my! Using your debit means you aren’t using the credit card so u probably have good credit. Funerals fun lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them, they're so much fun, but someone has to figure out a new anagram for "funeral," that's decidedly not fun. For the mourners and, I'd imagine, the "guest of honor."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right...it's nice to catch up with the distant relatives I only see at weddings and funerals, but 'fun' probably isn't a good word to describe it.

      Delete