Thursday, October 22, 2020

In Search Of...

Earlier in the week I got an email from a company touting their "Halloween Spoketacular Scavenger Hunt", which involved taking a bike ride to find a list of Halloween items. 

The event was geared to the family, but nowhere did it say you had to take a child with you. Today was a warm, sunny temperature island (a high of 85 degrees!) in the middle of a brisk, rainy fall week. After a morning full of errands I decided to get out my bike and take a ride to look for the things on the list. Although it was recommended, and would have been a lot of fun, I didn't try to put on any type of Halloween attire. Instead, I dug a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, slid my feet into my shoes, and filled my water bottle before I left the condo.

The scavenger hunt was very entertaining. I rode for an hour through several neighborhoods and found most of the 22 items on the card before I decided I was hot and it was time to head home.

Five years ago today: A Way To Show You Care

12 comments:

  1. That was certainly fun. Creative and you got to have some exercise. Win win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Things like pumpkins, witches, skeletons, fake spider webs, and decorated front doors.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun activity. The part about getting hot made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it was because my body had already started adjusting to the cooler weather, but when I got home my clothes were soaked!

      Delete
  4. How fun. We need to get out when we can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you are having shorts and Tshirt weather?

    ReplyDelete