Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Chocolate-ish

Boynton

Late in the day I learned that today was National Chocolate Day. I really wanted to celebrate, but there was no chocolate in the house (because I can't trust myself around it), and I was too lazy to leave the house and go out in the cold and rainy weather. 

After dinner Hubby Tony had a virtual meeting to go to. While he was in the back room Zooming I rooted around in the pantry to see if there might be something chocolate hidden in a back corner, but came up empty handed.

So I did the best I could, falling back on a maneuver I've used in the past when the chocolate urge has been too strong to ignore. I tossed a little cocoa powder into a handful of raisins, which are moist enough that the cocoa stuck to them. Of course it's not really chocolate, but the snack tricks my taste buds into thinking they've had a treat. It was better than nothing.

Five years ago today: Happy National Chocolate Day!

9 comments:

  1. Clever. You made your own chocolate covered raisins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't hold as much coating, so not QUITE as good as the official thing, but it works.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good to me. I love raisins except if they stick to my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding? I didn’t even know. We had carry-out yesterday which came with a chocolate cake, but we didn’t eat it. Ah well... For us Chocolate Day will be today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was in charge every day would be Chocolate Day :-)

      Delete
  4. if we go on thinking some good idea will sound in our mind. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete