Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Wanna Follow?

The other day Mevely317 (Myra) from Respice, Prospice left me a nice comment. At the end she asked if I had "a 'followers' or subscription icon" on my blog.

According to official Blogger sources, they introduced the Followers option and sidebar gadget back in 2008.  I don't know why I never used it, other than the fact that I personally use a third-party feed reader to deliver posts from all the blogs I've chosen to follow (no matter who the host is). 

But I understand that not everyone does things the way I do. If someone wants to read what I've written I should make it as easy as possible, and decided to add the Followers gadget to the blog’s sidebar. The process took less than a minute. Now anyone who wants to follow the blog via Blogger has an easy way to do it.

Five years ago today: Fixing A Hole

10 comments:

  1. A bunch of us who started blogging at the same time used to use that "follow via blogger" option, but we switched to following each other on social media at some point. I had no idea that following via blogger was still an option. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And because I just started looking for it in the sidebar, it seems to still be very popular.

      You’re lucky to have bloggers that go way back. Many of the ones that I used to follow when I started back in 2008 have stopped.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You’re welcome! I love how we can learn from each other.

      Delete
  3. you write lovely and impressive posts my friend and i would love to follow you and visit regularly
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a reading list on the blogger menu page, where short snyopsis of blogs I follow show up as a blogger posts. But now after forced to new blogger if I click the link in my reading list, I go to a redirect page and then have to click that link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it sounds like I added the gadget just after it got more difficult :-(

      Delete