Thursday, October 3, 2024

My Bad

The local district of a fellowship I belong to puts together a page-a-day calendar as a fundraiser.

The orders are placed online. I volunteered to coordinate the order distribution. That means I pick up the calendars at the printer, print out the invoice, and put the orders into an appropriate size bag/mailing envelope/box. The local orders get picked up, and the others are mailed.

Since the beginning of September I have fulfilled dozens of orders with only one problem. It was a doozie.

The errant order was for both shipped and local calendars. When I was packaging them I flip-flopped the numbers, and instead of mailing one I mailed ten! I didn't realized my mistake until the woman who was picking up the local order contacted me to ask why there was only one small package instead of the larger one she was expecting. I was embarrassed, but the woman was considerate about my faux pas.

Ultimately, she took the correct number of calendars from my inventory, and asked her out-of-town friend to refuse the large package so it would come back to me. I put the friend's mailing information on the singleton package and sent it on its way.

Today the postal carrier dropped off the incorrectly mailed package, which looked like it had been through a lot. The plastic envelope had ripped, so the Post Office placed everything in a Damaged Mail plastic bag and used quite a bit of tape to close everything up. When I took the calendars out of the packaging I noticed that a couple had come apart at the top where they were glued together, but I think that can be fixed.

I can guarantee I won't make the same mistake a second time!

Five years ago: Just Me, Myself, And I

3 comments:

  1. Glad it was sorted out I can see myself doing something like that, it happens

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh! Oh well, mistakes happen! So long as no one died, no big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most bad at the post office. They should pay for what they messed up. I know I know, never going to happen.

    ReplyDelete