Saturday, October 19, 2024

What A Difference One Letter Makes

Today I volunteered to hand out information at a vendor booth during a domestic violence awareness walk.

Last night the booth organizer and I were emailing back and forth about the details. I asked her for the address. She gave me a location. Google Maps recognized the address, but said it was in a completely different part of town.

I did some internet research on the event and found out that the actual address needed to include an S (as in SOUTH). With that information I was able to find it just fine.

 (And when I pointed out the discrepancy to the organizer, she apologized for forgetting that detail.)

14 comments:

  1. Very smart of you -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you're an excellent detective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed to find out how long it would take me to get there.

      Delete
  3. Shame on Google for not knowing exactly where you wanted to go. It's spy network is slipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Especially since I had already used the search engine to find out more about the event.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm glad I knew enough about the city to realize that the original directions were sending me the wrong way.

      Delete
  5. Amazing that one letter can make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would think that the one letter would make a difference...I guess in Cities it does though..I live in a small country town and everyone knows everyone and locations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in smallish cities where streets radiated out from the town square. On all four sides they had the same name, but uniquely designated at N, S, E, or W. That drove me crazy!

      Delete
  7. Little details make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete