Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Cosmopolitan Caffeine

I don't know who is in charge of coming up with 'days', but it seems like they could coordinate better. Sunday was National Coffee Day. Today is International Coffee Day

The day was very well publicized. My morning cup of coffee hadn't even kicked in when I saw this comic in the newspaper. After finishing the paper I moved over to my email, where Starbucks touted their commitment to "farmers, roasters and baristas who work relentlessly to craft the perfect cup". My next stop was Facebook, where the Nathaniel Reed Bakery invited me to come celebrate the day with them. When I shared the information with Hubby Tony he thought that was a great idea.

We combined our trip to the bakery with some other errands. It was a beautiful day, so after the last stop we left the car and walked the rest of the way. Earlier in the day Tony had wondered out loud what the most popular coffee drink was. I asked my friend Google, who suggested an article called "The Most Popular Coffee Drinks: Comparing Data for Countries Worldwide" on the Coffeeness website. In the interest of international affairs, instead of getting a cup of black coffee we both ordered a cappuccino (which is the most popular coffee drink in 24 countries).

It didn't take long for the associate to have our drinks ready. I enjoyed the perfect combination of espresso and steamed milk with a thick layer of milk form on top, and thanks to the caffeine I was extra energetic on the walk back to the car.

18 comments:

  1. We were not even aware there was a coffee day.after our walk we went to Cabin Coffee & put an order in. What a nice unexpected surprise that my husband & I got BOGO & free refills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. 2 coffee days the same week? They really want to bring our attention to coffee. Personally, I only drink de-caf when I drink it which is not often. I do love the smell though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually drink two small cups a day-one with breakfast and one mid afternoon.

      Delete
  3. sadly I can not do caffeine-have to be really careful with dark chocolates-ugh-your coffee sounds good though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I cut off caffeine by 4 pm I usually don't have issues.

      Delete
  4. Somehow, I missed knowing about coffee day, but then I only enjoy a single cup in the morning so am not a serious aficionado. That said, the combination of expresso and steamed milk sounded good just from your description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The steamed milk changed the whole nature of the drink.

      Delete
  5. Today would have been the day to just keep walking and walking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every day should be a celebration of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well happy coffee days! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every day is a celebration of something, some really bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Hot Chocolate Day. Whenever that is.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete