Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Just Me, Myself, And I

So, the last time we chatted I was getting ready for a mini work and vacation adventure. It turned out to be wonderful.

I got in late Monday night (actually Tuesday morning), but the perky hotel front desk employee gave me a big smile and an enthusiastic greeting. When I got to my room I changed into my pajamas, quickly brushed my teeth, and collapsed into bed. The next morning I took advantage of the free hotel breakfast for a quick meal, then went back to the room to fire up my computer to do my work reporting. By lunchtime I was done, and had until Wednesday night to do what I wanted, when I wanted to.

Even though the area was having the same record-setting heat I left back at home, I found that it wasn't too bad in the shade, so I planned my route to walk on the shady side of the street. I was the master of my itinerary. I visited some cultural institutions, and took the tourist trolley from one end of its route to the other.

It was fun being the master of my itinerary. I could approach someone standing on the sidewalk to ask for restaurant recommendations, or take as much time as I wanted Yelping places to eat, or pop into a coffee shop on the spur of the moment. Without a companion to chat with I was able to spend as much time as I wanted people watching. When I got tired I went back to my hotel room to hog the entire king sized bed, watch TV, read, and do crossword puzzles. In the evenings I had Me Time. I took a bath in the surprising large hotel tub, deep conditioned my hair, and gave my feet some long-overdue attention.

Hubby Tony kept in contact via text and phone calls. I shared photos of my meals, and he told me what he was up to. However, as much fun as my brief time away was, when it was time to leave I was more than ready. However, I can't wait for the next similar opportunity that may come my way.

Five years ago today: I Quit!

8 comments:

  1. Nice mini vacation, sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my kinda day, flying solo with me myself and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Master of your itinerary"...lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed your time away and that you were ready to go home when it was over. That's the perfect vacation in my books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my mind starts thinking "back to reality" I know it's time.

      Delete