Wednesday, April 3, 2024

It's That Time Of The Year...

When Mother Nature can't figure out if it should be Winter or Spring. 

Last weekend it was warm enough to open up the windows and wear short sleeved shirts with capri pants. My finicky feet like to have good arch support at all times, so around the house I wore house sandals-sometimes with athletic ankle socks and sometimes without. 

Monday night a cold front came through, causing the temperatures to drop all day yesterday. I started the morning with Spring clothes, but by dinner time I had swapped out the short sleeves for long and the jacket for a winter coat. By bedtime I had dug out my winter house shoes, a pair of shearling lined clogs.

This morning I dressed for cold weather in jeans, a sweat shirt, and wool socks with the clogs. But by the end of the week it will be back to Spring again. That's why for now both pairs of house shoes will have a predominant place in the closet, right next to each other, so I can decide each day which to use.

Five years ago today: Walk On

15 comments:

  1. Spring and Winter are duking it out for seasonal supremacy here, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Seasonal supremacy' is a great way to describe it.

      Delete
  2. We had a windstorm yesterday -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather is so confusing here too. I stopped wearing a vest - briefly. I'm back in it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was determined not to wear my heavy winter coat this morning. I was very cold.

      Delete
  4. Ditto, here. I turn the furnace up and down and up and down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because we only have six windows in the condo when its warm we turn off the furnace and open things up.

      Delete
  5. Yes, it is. Yesterday it was sunny and 70 and now it is cold and rainy. It is only supposed to get into the 40s tomorrow. Yuck! It is hard because we all have spring fever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here. Sometimes it's sunny but very cold and windy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Balance 623's. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same pair for outside and in the house?

      Delete
    2. Except if I'm doing yard work. Then I have a pair of New Balance 623's for that.

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, same here. Though we're on stay cation and enjoying the snow-filled day home.

    ReplyDelete