Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Bicentennial Fun

August 10, 2021 is the two hundredth anniversary of Missouri's entry as the 24th state to enter the United States. There were several celebrations over the weekend and more today.

One of them was at the History Museum, and Hubby Tony and I decided to go. It was a very hot and humid day, so on the way to the museum we stopped to get some steps at the mall. We arrived at our destination when the doors opened at 10. The official bicentennial programming started at 11, so we spent the first hour walking through some of the displays. When we stepped outside to eat the lunch we brought with us we went out of our way to find a bench in the shade.

After lunch we watched part of a lecture, and listened to a very interesting fiddle performance. About that time I was getting antsy from sitting and we decided to leave.

There were several ice cream parlors offering promotions on ice cream cones, the state's official dessert.  After dinner we went to Clementine's Naughty & Nice Creamery, where I chose Maple Bourbon with Salted Candied Pecans from the 'naughty' (boozy) side. Since it was of the Missouri Pride flavors to commemorate the Missouri Bicentennial I figured it was appropriate.

13 comments:

  1. Oh the ice cream looks and sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. History Museum. Another place it's been eons since I've been. The ice cream could tempt me to go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on how just how longs it been you might be surprised at the changes in the building

      Delete
  3. Bourbon ice cream. What a great idea. I'd love that.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun outing. Clementine's was voted the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never met an ice cream I didn't like, but all things equal I prefer the good stuff :-)

      Delete
  5. Well happy Bicentennial to Missouri! I have know idea when Michigan's is or was! That ice cream sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet my friend Google would know when Michigan entered the Union.

      Delete
  6. I'd say you learned a lot that day, and last and not least, the perfect ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm, I don't like alcohol but that ice cream sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete