Monday, January 25, 2021

What A Difference A Year Makes

Today was a raw, nasty mid-winter day. The temperature was high enough that the intermittent precipitation came down as rain and not snow or sleet, but that was the only positive I could think of. I thought I would walk outside, but quickly changed those plans and headed to an inside location.

At Walmart I strolled up and down most of the aisles in the store looking at the merchandise as I went along. One aisle over from the Valentine's products I came across a display of Mardi Gras decorations and accessories. Looking at the display, my first thought was "Remember just last year, when a masquerade mask is what people thought of when they heard the word?"


Five years ago today: A Box At A Time

9 comments:

  1. our malls are closed right now due to covid, curbside pickup only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting to me how different areas are coping with the virus.

      Delete
  2. Masks have come a long way.
    We had over a foot of snow. Hubs had to snow blow the driveway twice. We didn't go anywhere today, not even our local Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's getting harder and harder to remember what things were like back then.

      Delete
  4. Ha! That's what I thought the other day when I was in Walmart. I ran across a funny comment about masks the other day: Who knew we'd be able to walk into a bank wearing a mask and ask for money. LOL! Blessings to you, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bank would turn you away if you DIDN'T have a mask on!

      Delete