Thursday, January 7, 2021

Rack Receptacles

Later this month it will be a year since we moved into our condo. Once the initial settling in was done last January I completed a couple of organizing projects, but when the nice weather came I abandoned my efforts. Then the fall was busy, and then the holidays came. (It's amazing how fast time can fly by.)

I have resolved to take advantage of the cold, nasty winter weather to complete more projects. First up was a pantry door rack system from The Container Store, which adds extra space to the smallish storage area. 

 
 
When I was doing project research I learned that there were two types of systems available-over the door and screw on. I chose the more permanent option because I knew I was going to put some heavier things in the baskets and I wanted it to be sturdy. 
 
The installation was very easy. I held the upright against the door and marked where the five screws would go. Next I drilled holes to insert anchors into the hollow core door, tapped the anchors into place, then screwed the upright in place. The baskets snapped easily into the upright, and can be repositioned up or down in 1-inch increments. At the store I guessed that four baskets would be enough, but if I decide I need another one there's room at the bottom.

Five years ago today: Over The Doorstep

3 comments: