Friday, January 30, 2015

There Are No Coincidences

The other day I was browsing through my Facebook feed when I read a comment from someone I didn't know (which he had written on my Friend's wall) that he was sorry to hear of her mother's passing.  The Friend was someone I was close to several years ago, and occasionally still bump into, but we haven't seen each other for quite some time.  I hadn't even known her mother was ill.

Immediately below that post was an update from a person who's mainly posts inspirational posters and sentimental tidbits.  Normally I look right past them, but when I saw this one I did a double-take.

Your mother is always with you...

She's the whisper of the leaves
as you walk down the street.

She's the smell of bleach in
your freshly laundered socks.

She's the cool hand on your
brow when you're not well.

Your mother lives inside
your laughter. She's crystallized
in every tear drop...

She's the place you came from,
your first home.. She's the map you
follow with every step that you take.

She's your first love and your first heart
break....and nothing on earth can separate you.

Not time, Not space...
Not even death!

Author: unknown

I rarely forward things, but in this case I thought I should make an exception,  I re-posted it on my grieving friend's wall.  Judging by the "Likes" it got, other people thought it was nice, too.

12 comments:

  1. I'm grateful my mom is still with me. Reading this makes me know I need to treasure her while I have her with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, you ARE so very lucky. My mother passed away when I was in my 20s.

      Delete
  2. I should give this to my kids, so true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I would have appreciated this when I was in my 20s

      Delete
  3. This is powerful and brings out huge emotions that run deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could substitute dad in there, too. I am thankful that my dad is still here, don't know how much time we have, but I treasure it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. I'm sure that it meant a lot to your grieving friend. I'm so thankful that I still have my fabulous mom in my life. I owe everything I am to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy people who've had their mother around for a good chunk of their life.

      Delete
  6. That is beautiful. I can't even think of a time in my life that my mother isn't on this earth with me. If I was an actress and had to cry in a scene or portray sadness, that is what I would dwell on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you share that sentiment with your mother :-)

      Delete